Wednesday, June 25, 2014

One Month...

June 23rd/2014

Dearest One,

You are one month old already! Mashallah! You weigh 8 pounds, 6 oz. You are 58 centimeters long. You are a lot more aware of your surroundings. You are getting a lot better at holding your head and neck steady. You are still my bossom pal, but you are also getting around 250ml of formula. I am too nervous about you not getting enough from me. I am still nervous with you, and it is somewhat difficult for me not to be. I love you with all my heart.

We bought your baba a set of books he grew up reading, for Father's Day. I hope you have an amazing experience reading them together. You are very lucky to have him in your life. He loves you passionately, wakes up with you, feeds you and gets the "evil" cleaned up for you. I hope you understand how lucky you are to have him in your life. Him, and your Jiddo. They might seem different, but they are the same. They are strong men. Not physically, although they are, but they are strong of character, values and morals. Learn from them. Let Mohammed PBUH, your baba and your Jiddo be your role models. Inshallah you will get to spend a long time getting to know them and learning from them. Your tete is very smitten with you, my handsome lad. She got to see you in the flesh on the 20th of June. We are trying to spend a lot with her. And that does not seem enough. If she can have you attached to her 24 hours a day,  that would not be enough.

Mama will go and sleep for a bit, until the next feeding. I hope you can tell how much in love with you I am.

Love you habibi,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment